The Tertiary Dance Council of Australia (TDCA) was formed in 1985 to promote dance in the tertiary sector. It provides those offering full-time dance courses in universities, colleges and TAFEs with a forum for the exchange of ideas, advocacy strategies and policy development. The TDCA responds to government enquiries and policy announcements, advises decision makers on dance-specific issues and collaborates with peers in other tertiary arts associations.
Tertiary dance directors help to develop networks for their students through a biennial festival of performance, forums and workshops known as the Options Tertiary Dance Festival. The TDCA is an Ausdance National member that usually meets annually to share ideas, resolve issues and report on latest developments in dance training.
With the growth of postgraduate studies and research in dance, the TDCA is currently considering a new structure to broaden its membership. They're working with us on ideas that came out of their August 2012 meeting, and in the meantime have begun planning the next Options Tertiary Dance Festival.
Many TDCA members and individual researchers participated in the August 2012 National Dance Research forum facilitated by Ausdance National in partnership with the TDCA.
- The Australian Ballet School (Marilyn Rowe, OBE)
- Australian College of Physical Education (Jacqueline Simmonds)
- Adelaide College of the Arts—Dance (Sally Collard-Gentle)
- Box Hill Institute—Centre for Performing Arts (Dianne Parrington)
- Deakin University–Melbourne Campus (Shaun McLeod & Sally Gardner)
- NAISDA College (Kim Walker)
- Macquarie University (Julie-Anne Long)
- Queensland University of Technology—Creative Industries—Dance (Assoc. Prof. Dr Gene Moyle)
- Victorian College of the Arts—School of Dance (Assoc. Prof. Jenny Kinder)
- Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts @ ECU (Nanette Hassall)