The Tertiary Dance Council of Australia (TDCA) was formed in 1985 to promote dance in the tertiary sector. It provides those offering full-time dance courses in universities, colleges and TAFEs with a forum for the exchange of ideas, advocacy strategies and policy development. The TDCA responds to government enquiries and policy announcements, advises decision makers on dance-specific issues and collaborates with peers in other tertiary arts associations.
The TDCA is an Ausdance National member that usually meets annually to share ideas, resolve issues and report on latest developments in dance training.
- The Australian Ballet School (Lisa Pavane and Sandra Ball)
- Australian College of Physical Education (Diane Grant)
- Adelaide College of the Arts—Dance (Sally Collard-Gentle, Peter Sheedy and Lisa Heaven)
- Deakin University–Melbourne Campus (Shaun McLeod)
- NAISDA College (Kim Walker and Raymond Blanco)
- Macquarie University (Julie-Anne Long)
- Queensland University of Technology—Creative Industries—Dance (Dr Jenny Roche )
- Victorian College of the Arts—School of Dance (Assoc. Prof. Jenny Kinder)
- Western Australia Academy of Performing Arts @ Edith Cowan University (Sue Peacock)