The annual Australian Dance Awards (ADAs) recognise and honour professional Australian dance artists who have made an outstanding contribution to dance. These Awards are non-commercial events that rely on the generosity and goodwill of the committee, the dance sector, the presenting venue and, of course, the nominees and presenters.
- publicly honour and reward those who have, through their achievements, raised the standards of dance in Australia
- raise the profile and prestige of dance and acknowledge the depth and diversity of the dance profession in our society
- present a diverse performance program in support of the awards ceremony
- provide an opportunity for colleagues and friends from across the dance industry to come together to celebrate and acknowledge outstanding achievement.
Nominations close 28 February 2016
Nominations for next year’s awards must be submitted before 28 February 2016.
You can nominate any time during the year on the Australian Dance Awards website. Please read the selection criteria first and say why you think this performance, person or composition is worthy of consideration for an Australian Dance Award.
Each year we compile a reminder list of eligible works (those that were presented the previous calendar year) to help when you go to submit your nominations. Please contact the nomination coordinator if your work is missing.
Work being nominated for outstanding achievement in choreography, independent dance, youth dance, community dance, commercial dance and dance on film for 2016 must have premiered during 2015.
The current members of the selection panel are listed on the website. These people, plus panel chair Robina Beard and advisors Lee Christofis, Jeff Meiners and Julie Dyson, are keen to see new work wherever possible, so please invite them to your openings. You can email invitations to the nominations coordinator or directly to the Selection Panel (ask for a current list if you don’t already have one).
Encourage your audience to nominate!
Feel free to include this invitation in your programs, on your websites and through your social media networks:
Australian Dance Awards – you can nominate!
Were you excited or moved by the performance this evening? Did a particular dancer deliver a stunning performance?
You can nominate a choreographer, a dancer, a company or a piece of choreography for an Australian Dance Award. Nominate now while your memory is fresh! Visit the Australian Dance Awards website.
Have a look at some of our members' work already on the 2016 eligible works list
- Force Majeure, Nothing to Lose
- Queensland Ballet, La Sylphide
- KAGE, Picnic
- Chunky Move, Depth of Field
- Dancenorth, A Pre-emptive Requiem for Mother Nature
- West Australian Ballet, Zip Zap Zoom: Ballet at the Quarry 2015
- The Australian Ballet, Swan Lake
- Lucy Guerin Inc., Motion Picture
- Sydney Dance Company, Tryptich
The 2016 Awards will be held in Perth, Sunday 18 September. All ADAs recipients and Hall of Fame inductees are listed on the Australian Dance Awards website.