Shaun Parker & Company is calling for applicants for its annual TRIGGER program, which will take place in December 2015.
- What: TRIGGER secondment program.
- Where: IO MYERS Theatre, University of NSW, Sydney.
- When: 9.30 am – 6.00 pm, 7–18 Dec 2015
- Who: We are looking for five dancers who were born with the XY male chromosome. ie. Male dancers or dancers born with the male XY chromosome, but who identify as being female.
- Cost: Free.
- Deadline for application: 19 October 2015
The five chosen applicants will join our company of nine dancers who will be working on the creative development of our new work XY.
The program will include a daily technique class in yoga and contemporary dance, followed by task-based improvisation processes with artistic director and award-winning choreographer Shaun Parker. This two-week workshop is free of charge and is invitation only, so please ensure that you submit a strong application for selection.
Shaun Parker will be using this time to develop the skills of the applicants, as well as looking for dancers for various projects for 2016 and 2017.
Please email the following material to the General Manager Sonia Grebenshikoff at: email@example.com
- 1-page CV
- Link to edited footage of your performance work.
(Please choose carefully the footage you include, as this will be what the artistic director will be basing selection upon.)
Successful applicants notified by early November.