The National Indigenous Dance Forum (NIDF), in partnership with Yirramboi Festival (Melbourne Indigenous Arts Festival), will take place from 5–7 May 2017 in Melbourne.
It's time to get involved! Be part of the NIDF curatorial or community working groups (or join BOTH).
Curatorial working group
The group will meet and communicate independently via teleconference and email to decide on the forum:
- planning process
- be advocates of the forum
- be responsible for selecting speakers and final participants (if we get more than 250 expressions of interest).
Community access group
On your travels to communities, you will need to advocate for the NIDF and make sure everyone you are connected to knows about it. You will need to:
- explain to communities when the dance forum is and why it’s important to come
- explain that it’s for traditional, cultural and contemporary groups and individuals
- explain that it is a platform for the right discussions to happen. If people have issues, they need to come and raise them.
Contact BlakDance if you would like to join either, or BOTH, working groups.