Brolga publishes current research and critical thinking about dance including:
- dance artists—cutting edge and emerging practices
- exploration of historical events, performances and people
- discussions on dance and education
- research papers about philosophy, composition, criticism, music and costume for dance
- reviews of recent dance publications.
Its contributing authors have diverse backgrounds and interests and represent a broad spectrum of the dance community. Papers may be peer reviewed on request.
- Michelle Potter (issues 1–24)
- Alan Brissenden (issues 26, 28, 30, 32, 34 & 37)
- Robin Grove (issues 25, 27)
- Amanda Card (issues 29, 33 & 36)
- Rachel Fensham (issue 31)
- Alexandra Kolb (issue 35)
- Associate Professor Maggie Phillips (issue 38–39)
- Dr Olivia Millard (issue 40)
Brolga accepts submissions from dance artists, dance researchers and practice-led artists/researchers.