World Dance Alliance serves as a primary voice for dance and dancers, and encourages the exchange of ideas and the awareness of dance in all its forms. It is an independent, non-profit, non-political and non-religious organization that unites dancers and dance practitioners throughout the world.
WDA works to:
- promote the recognition, development and mutual understanding of all forms of dance,
- facilitate communication and exchange among dance individuals, institutions and organisations interested in dance,
- provide a forum for discussion of matters relating to dance,
- encourage and support the research, education, criticism, creation, performance and preservation of dance and
- liaise, co-ordinate and participate in activities with other dance organisations in the world.