This is a collection of papers that attempt to define what is meant by ‘literacy’ in each of the art forms: dance, drama, media, music, visual art and design. The intention is to stimulate discussion amongst teachers and to raise awareness of the potential for the arts to enhance learning across the curriculum.
- A view of literacy through the arts by Joan Livermore
- Visual literacy by Lee Emery & Adele Flood
- Design literacy: process & product by Keith Russell, Kathryn Grushka & Howard Middleton
- The language of dance by Ralph Buck
- I hear what you mean: music literacy in the information technology age by Margaret S. Barrett
- The language of drama: making and communicating meaning by Robin Pascoe
- Media literacy and the information age by Robyn Quin