2017 National Dance Forum
25–26 September, Victorian College of the Arts
NDF 2017 will address four key questions:
- How do we approach or adapt artistic practice to take advantage of new digital technology, and use it to create meaning? Or is technology an art form in its own right?
- How is work curated and created for digital distribution?
- How can artists expand their reach to new and existing audiences?
- What can we take from other industries that have successfully (or unsuccessfully) navigated digital disruption and/or developed an effective digital futures agenda?
Expressions of interest: 10-minute presentation
We welcome your proposal to make a 10-minute presentation about your work that directly addresses one or all of the four key questions. The program will be shaped by these questions, and we will choose presentations based on innovative practice, relevance to the topics, and by hearing about some of the challenges faced in creating work in a digital environment.
- Fill in the expressions of interest form: 10-minute presentation (26 Kb MS Word)
- Email it with a brief CV to Ausdance National
- Due date: Monday 24 July 2017
Expressions of interest: 3-minute pitch presentation
We invite practitioners who use digital technology in, or for, their work to demonstrate innovation and/or digital distribution strategies in a 3-minute pitch session.