In 2016, the Korean chapter of World Dance Alliance Asia Pacific (WDAAP) will host the WDAAP Annual General Meeting and surrounding activities as the event Dance routes—danced roots: connecting the local and the global. It will include showcase performances, an international choreolab and a symposium.
- Conference theme: Dance routes—danced roots: connecting the local and the global
- Conference location and date: Seoul, Korea, 21–24 July 2016
- Apply to present: performances, scholarly, performative and Pecha Kucha style presentations
- Apply to participate in the Choreolab
- Submission deadline: 10 January 2016
- Acceptance notification: 28 February 2016
- For detailed information and to apply, visit the World Dance Alliance website
Applications are now open for participation in the following events:
- Showcase Performances
- International Choreolab
- Symposium—call for proposals
The Showcase provides a concert platform for professional choreographers and performers, and pre-professional artists training in dance academies. The performances will take place in the theaters located in the ShangShin Univeristy or Arko Theater and will be open to registered participants of the WDAAP event and the general public.
The International Choreolab is designed for four emerging and mid-career choreographers to work intensively for almost one week under the mentorship of one Korean established dance artist and one internationally known choreographers (to be announced) resulting in a public showing of works in progress. You can apply to participate in the Choreolab as a choreographer or as a dancer.
The Symposium theme focuses on the idea of global and local connectivity through dance, looking at roots as well as routes that dance and dancers negotiate in different cultures of the contemporary world. Presentation formats include scholarly, performative and Pecha Kucha style presentations.