We identify and create programs and resources to support and sustain professional dance practice in Australia.
We represent the Australian dance profession: a talented, multi-skilled and internationally admired group of dance professionals who perform, create, present, teach, educate, write and research.
We work to:
- Communicate the valuable contribution dance makes to the lives of all Australians.
- Support sustainable careers through industry partnerships and skills development programs.
- Share best practice standards for safe dance, teaching methodology and business practice.
- Foster international networks that provide career opportunities for Australian dance artists.
- Encourage discussion about the value and purpose of dance by publishing writing, research and good news.
Please help to sustain this work. Donate to Ausdance National.
Support our work
Even a brief review of the last 40 years highlights Ausdance National projects that have had a lasting impact on Australian dance artists and their working lives:
- Led ongoing analysis and advocacy for the independent and small to medium dance sectors at the highest political levels.
- Initiated SCOPE for Artists – our partnership with the Australian Sports Commission and the Australia Council to promote dancers’ career development.
- Successfully advocated for dance to be a stand-alone subject in the new Australian Curriculum: The Arts.
- Sourced funding to establish the Australian dance collection at the National Library of Australia.
- Initiated Safe Dance® research that has directly contributed to changed practices in teaching, leading to the Australian Guidelines for Teaching Dance.
- Gained a reputation as Australia’s leading publisher of dance journals, papers and books.