Working with Children in performing arts? Innovation and Business Skills Australia, in conjunction with Focus on Skills and Ausdance, is developing a working with children skill set and units of competency in performing arts.
This project will involve working with AUSDANCE to address identified gaps in the current Dance qualifications and units:
- Safe dance environments and equipment
- Dances appropriate to age groups
- Student health and wellbeing
- Regulated environment for good teaching practice and code of conduct.
The first round of industry consultation has been completed and revised drafts of the Working with Children in Performing Arts skill sets and units have been updated to reflect stakeholder feedback. A new draft unit applicable to all people working with children in performing arts environments and an additional skill set were developed in response to feedback. All materials are now available for final validation and stakeholder input. Responses are required by close of business Monday 19 October.
Draft materials f or feedback
IBSA invites final comment on the following new materials:
- CUASS00054 Working With Children in Performing Arts Skill Set
- CUASS00055 Assistant dance teaching skill set
Units of competency (and their assessment requirements):
- CUADTM412 Promote the physical and emotional wellbeing of children in performing arts
- CUAWHS405 Provide a safe performing arts environment for children
- CUAWHS406 Interact appropriately with children in performing arts environments
To read the draft materials for feedback, visit the Working with Children in performing arts web page on the IBSA website.