We design and deliver accessible and sustainable services to support Australian dance professionals.
We are part of a network of Ausdance organisations delivering integrated programs across the country, anticipating industry issues and providing innovative and inclusive responses.
Our mission, our aims.
Our mission is to educate, inspire and support the dance community to reach its potential as a dynamic force within local, national and international communities. This means we aim to:
- provide leadership in dance education, advocacy, policy development and debate.
- provide a national voice for dance development in Australia.
- champion innovation, creativity and diversity in dance.
- encourage access to and understanding of dance in communities throughout Australia.
- assist in identifying and promoting all dance traditions that exist in Australia, in recognition of their cultural importance.
- foster international links with dance and dance-related organisations.
President: Gene Moyle (Qld)
Vice Presidents: Elizabeth More, AM, MAICD (NSW); Shaun Comerford (SA)
Treasurer: Marinda Burger (ACT)
Ordinary Council Members: Kathy Baykitch (NSW), Annette Carmichael (WA), Jacqui Simmonds (ACT)
Jasmine Moseley (representative of the National Advisory Committee)
Honorary life members
Over the years Ausdance has been supported by many passionate volunteers, committee members and staff. We acknowledge these special people with honorary life membership.